xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday 15 May 2013

My home

I live in a little cottage with my husband.  We rent it from some friends and we love it.  It's quite old (I think it originally dates to the late 1700's) with wiggly walls but has been refurbished in a lovely, modern, light, clean, fresh way.  There are three rooms downstairs (lounge, kitchen and a downstairs toilet).  The little lounge has a woodburning stove which makes winter nights fabulously cozy.  The lounge also has two big doors which let in lots of light in the summer months.  They lead out to a small oblong of decking - perfect for an outdoor table and barbecue - and a large square raised bed which we have crammed full of plants.  Our outside space is enclosed by a wooden fence with neighbours gardens on both sides.  Back inside, the stairs in the kitchen go upstairs to a narrow landing and three more rooms - a small guest room, bathroom and our bedroom.   It's dinky and I love it.  We are saving to buy our own house but I know I will be more than sad when we have to leave our cottage home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment